Saturday, December 03, 2011

Sunday oops Saturday - Post Op Day 4

At first I thought it was Sunday.  That is how out of it i am due to the pain drugs.  Oxy in the hospital seemed too much, so I switched to hydrocone.  This morning I had one hydro and one oxy, so we will see how that goes.  I am trying to drag the times out so I am not getting cravings for them.  I remember years ago when my back was in such pain I was starting to 'need' them.  Don't want to go there.

The pain is fairly moderate since I have been keeping up with the drugs. Kind of a dull ache.

I am moving around pretty well.  I can maneuver around the house on one crutch.  This is an improvement, in the hospital I started with a walker, but moved to crutches.  The Value Village walker was just too big and they are so cumbersome anyways it was nice to be able to switch to crutches.  The PT nurse at the hospital had me do all my exercises and stairs twice to make sure i was good with them.  I must have pretty strong legs, because I could always raise my leg without much help.

Using one crutch is rather handy.  I am trying to hold myself straight and putting a lot of weight on my knee, and concentrating on bending it and trying to walk normally and I can still carry one thing in my non-crutch hand.

The only real issue right now is that although I thought I told EVERYONE at the hospital that I was allergic to that super glue the surgeons use - no one listened to me and in the hospital on Day 2 there it was, a giant blister the size of a quarter and red skin all around.  I wish I had a better memory, because I do not remember what I did following abdominal surgery when the same thing happened.  I can't remember if they said No to Neosporine or to use it.  dang. Maybe Rick remembers.  Same as with my abdominal surgery it is distracting and I hope it fades away soon.  At least it has not been itchy.

Well time to take off my Ted hose - I have to wear them on both legs for 6 weeks - and put them back on again.  Plus I want to check on my wound and the surgical stitches mess.  More later, glad I got this much typed my eyes are starting to glaze over from the pills I took an hour ago.

I may try knitting tonight....not sure if I trust myself to knit the right colors, since I keep nodding off.

No comments:

Post a Comment