Friday, December 09, 2011

Knittin' and Knee Report  (not necessarily in that order)


Today is officially 10 days post op.  Not that that number means anything, but I am feeling pretty good.  My knee is still quite stiff, but I am up and walking about without aid of anything around the house.  I will be going out later and will be taking my crutches.  They offer stability in case my knee does decide it's tired and it also shows others that I have an issue with my knee so give me some room.  I will NOT be going to walmart, ha ha ha - folks there are always seem to be in a daze (I know I am) and I don't need some shopping cart slammed into me.  Same with Costco.

I had another shower today.  I am so glad I got the shower seat.  I don't sit on it to shower, but I use it to transfer in and out of the tub.  I wish I had known about this when Leif had his first surgery, I saw first hand how difficult it was for him to lift his leg over and into the tub while on crutches, while half dressed, with your mom helping you.  Poor guy.

I also moved my laptop back to the kitchen and am sitting at the table with my knee bent and doing that exercise.  These exercises are all pretty basic and involve just bending, so not too hard, just my knee is soooooo stiff.

Now for the knitting update.  I got the other side of the bag done.  It is not much to look at right now, I plan to block it today, then I start finishing off the bag.  I will try and add a picture then.   The next task is to pick up stitches and do the round bumper all around the top, then knit the top band, then another bumper, then, I am done!!! Well except for the strap I am still considering leather.

I am not sure Zoya will even like this but we shall see.

I also have another PT today.  That should be interesting - a whole hour of someone watching my knee bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment