Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Bruises and Blobs Day 8 post-op

My goal today is trying to diminish the swelling of my ankle on my bad leg. Since the black and blue marks rolled in yesterday, it looks reacly icky-hence the 'blob' title.

So I am laying in bed with my ankle high from stacked pillows and doing some foot pumps. Gotta work it out!

The black and blue with yellow tips is on the back of my leg mostly from ankle to above knee, and wraps around to the front. It would be lovely to take off the TED compression socks, but I think they are helping to control the swelling. I am supposed to wear these bad boys for 6 weeks, and yes they were white! I ordered 2 pairs online yesterday, my health savings card will cover them. I am not wearing the dirty ones out filthy like this! One of the nurses said they look good tie dyed so I will ask Zoya to do a pair for me when she comes home-which happens to be next Thursday! Yeah. I am thinking red on white!

I am trying to get all my exercises in, there are so many. And my rash/blister from the surgeons glue is rather annoying too. I showed my knee to Laura, my physiotherapist, and she agreed they were not staples.

Carrying on to get better! I am walking great without crutches but like to take 1 for stability. Still feels wired to bend it, sort of like having a hunk of metal in my knee, ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment