Monday, November 28, 2011

Surgery is ON! - 10:25 am tomorrow!!!

but I am supposed to be there at 7:15 for my femoral block - heck!  I am going to show up at 7:30 just because they will make me sit there until they are ready anyways.  I am such a rebel!!!

Today was chockfull of hospital prep - meeting with the doc, signing papers, getting the game time (compression ice machine), then going for pre-op at the hospital (the nurse took forever) but she got all my allergy stuff logged in, then had to do lab work.  There was another lady there named Loree.....sure hope they don't get our pee mixed up.  We both went in at the same time, while I was getting blood drawn, she was peeing then vice versa.  Then when I left there were our two little pee pots side by side in the little metal cupboard.......her label was a bit ripped too so geesh.  I can hear the phone call now, "I am sorry you have diabetes - no surgery for you today!"  I asked the EKG nurse if I passed and she got all embarrassed.  ha ha

Then got crutches with ice spikes, and a crutch lesson, then picked up my drugs.  The good thing is I will be able to use my weight on my crutches.  The bad thing is I am conditioned to have a bad right leg from when I broke it back in 9th grade (yes too many years ago to even count) and so I am conditioned to favor that one.  I am sure that will get figured out fast.  Made it back to work for a meeting and finally ended the day and home.

I feel a tad nervous, but optimistic.  The Doc says I will only be in the hospital a day or two, so likely home by Thursday - Grey's Anatomy.  That will be good, I don't need to hang out there.  He also said I didn't need a walker, but I got my $4.99 deal at Sally Anne so its coming with me - the nurses were very stern about bringing stuff.  I bet they don't give him grief, but I don't need it.

Got home and the last of my Alice Starmore shipment arrived, it is that cool multi-colored sweater, can't remember what its called.....woo hoo.

so I will try and post from the hospital.  wish me and my knew knee luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment