Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lucy is done! (almost)

The self striping sweater is coming along swimmingly - I have the armholes formed and working down the back - but I took a break to finish my Lucy bag.

Got the strap finished last night and today while watching a few movies (Monsters Ball - never had seen it, Grey Gardens - fascinating, then Fargo was just on, so saw the tail end of that while I wove in tails, ha ha).

Here is my Lucy all laid out on the floor with my Berner, 'Nico' - this is before felting, so off to try and start that now. It is always tricky using a front loader. Fingers crossed!

I am contemplating ordering a Namaste bag - the Zuma vs. the Malibu - they make such beautiful bags, and of course living in Alaska it is not possible to go to the LYS and try them out, feel them, look at the colors.....argg. So far the Zuma is winning......

I already have a Namaste Buddy Bag, that I got in Portland last year, BUT the puppy got hold of it, so now it is not so pretty with annoying tooth marks in it......I can just imagine the good feeling of that soft fake leather between her teeth, arggg. I also want to order a Buddy for Stephanie and put in a gift certificate for her Graduation present. Her hooding ceremony for her Masters is May 1.

Ravelry has a 'Namaste lovers page' where the Namaste company shows factory seconds, many modeled with dogs. But all the ones they are showing have broken zippers. I would rather start out whole here, with my luck.


I figure need-wise that I can use it on weekends for my knitting dates, rather than schelp the purse and the multiple knitting project bags that I do. I need to get organized so my tools do not become puppy chewies. Lost a plastic darning needle holder too, I bet that hard plastic felt good between the choppers, found it all flattened.

ok, enough chatting off to felt, felt, felt.....








No comments:

Post a Comment