Monday, October 24, 2011

Life changes and the KNEEd for more to this blog

So, I see from my last post that I haven't added much to my knitting tales, they are pretty boring, but then knitting is not meant to be action packed, it is a way to relax for me.

I have a couple of UFO's floating around - these are what knitters call UnFinished Objects. These are primarily the

Bella Blouse - started this summer in a knit along through Interweave Knits - its all knit up but not put together yet, plenty of time until next summer since I live after all in Alaska!

The Kauni, (mine looks surprisingly like this one, from her blog - One Crazy Fiber Lady) except now I am shamed into finishing mine, she is after all a single working mother with twins, I think I need to get mine completed. Currently my kauni is perfect for a one armed woman a bit smaller than me! ha!

I did finish a Fireweed Kingscot - I will post my own pics for that one. It turned out massive! So I had to sew and cut on the seams to get it down to size. It is comfy and cosy and I am pleased that I used a soft yarn, my last Norah Gaughan I went for cheap yarn and it is hard and stiff - fie to Cascade 220.

But I did do my first commission for a friend, I knit her a pair of leg warmers. I learned from that, the moral is don't knit it if they go cheap on the yarn. We did on these and they are not as soft and supple as what they could have been. We shall see how she likes them when she gets back from her trip to Italy.

I also am going to have a partial knee replacement. Yes, I will be getting an Oxford knee on November 29, 2011. I have been searching for blogs on partial knee replacements so I could see how their surgery and recover went but since I have not found any, (I did find one remarkable one by a man who had two total knee replacements - and he did surprisingly well) so I will attempt to record my journey with my one partial knee replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment